Saturday, June 10, 2023

You Are Seen!

 

You Are Seen!


Maya Angelou said, 'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.'

The truth is that sometimes we all feel invisible. Unappreciated, unloved, uncared for, unheard, and even unseen; I know I do. 

We live in a society where we're striving for relevance; the mere fact that social media is so popular and that people are posting selfies and photos of their activities and even the food they eat; begs to suggest that we are crying out for attention, to be noticed... just to be seen.

The dichotomy of our situation is as though we are designed for more; to be better; to be greater, yet we must learn to be content where we are as we are striving for a  more abundant life.

The Apostle Paul puts it this way in his letter to the Philippians

----------------------------

Php 4:12  I know how to get along and live humbly [in difficult times], and I also know how to enjoy abundance and live in prosperity. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret [of facing life], whether well-fed or going hungry, whether having an abundance or being in need.

Php 4:13  I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose--I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.] Amp

--------------------------

This would seem to sum it up yet still what is missing is the need to feel loved and appreciated. And... to be seen. 

Strive to have live in the mindset that the writer is sharing with us. Believe it or not you are noticed, people do see you, although they may not say it publicly, they actually do appreciate even the little things you do.

Delight yourself in knowing that you are doing good, and you are making a difference in the lives of more people than you think; whether or not they say it out loud to you.

Know that as you continue to live out you purpose and use your gifts and talents; more and more people will start to acknowledge you. People will start to speak out about you. People will start to recognize and applaud you openly. And they will acknowledge that what they have seen of you... is something quite special and quite beautiful.

And if you still feel that no one else sees you, know that God sees you, and learn to see yourself from HIS perspective.

He sees you as beautiful, wonderful... and HE says...

"Because you are precious in My sight, You are honored and I love you" Isa 43:4
















No comments:

Post a Comment